What’s the most important part of the drone delivery equation?
Today’s guests would say it’s getting the package into the hands of the customer, wherever they are. Bashir Khan is CEO and Founder of ScorpioX Technologies, an early stage drone start-up company that has developed a proprietary delivery process and mechanism, which addresses many of the challenges posed by last minute-last meter delivery in urban spaces. He is joined by Alexandra McCalla, COO, Armel Njinkeu, CPO and Talha Javed, CTO, all of ScorpioX Technologies.
In this episode of the Drone Radio Show, the ScorpioX Technologies team talks about their exciting technology that they hope will make drone deliveries in challenging environments possible. They’ll also share their experience with the Brinc accelerator in Barcelona, Spain and the lessons learned that could help other early stage entrepreneurs launch successfully.
In This Episode
- Introduction – Bashir Khan is CEO and Founder of ScorpioX Technologies, an early stage drone start-up company that has developed a proprietary delivery process and mechanism, addressing many of the challenges posed by last minute-last meter delivery in urban spaces. Alexandra McCalla is the company’s Chief Operating Officer, Armel Njinkeu is the Chief People Officer and Talha Javed is the Chief Technology Officer.
- The Last Minute / Last Meter Challenge. The ScropioX team talk about their software solution that will enable drone deliveries to get to the person they are intended. They’re technology is designed to solve the challenges posed by urban environments.
- Brinc Robotics Accelerator. Bashir got the idea for ScoropioX Technologies when he needed to get a prescription while visiting Los Angeles. Traffic and routing turned what looked like a simple trip into a challenge. Bashir thought a drone delivery service could make such tasks easier to complete. He shared his idea with some friends and formed ScorpioX. As Bashir admits, his team had a lot to learn about building a company and launching a new service, so they sought out accelerator programs. They were approached by the Brinc Accelerator in Barcelona, Spain. Bashir and his team, discuss the benefits of participating in the accelerator, the experienced gained and offer advice to other entrepreneurs interested in seeking similar assistance.
- Company Status. ScorpioX Technologies has produced a demo of their technology and are seeking additional funding. Bashir sees tremendous growth for the company as small businesses learn how ScorpioX Technologies can help them better serve their customers. When Bashir talks about the last minute – last meter of drone delivery, he’s referring to getting the delivery into the hands of the customer, wherever they may be.
- Public Safety and Emergency Response. One of the segments that ScopioX Technologies is targeting with their services are public safety agencies. Being able to deliver supplies during an emergency, cell phones for a hostage negotiation and medicine are some of the ways that emergency responders could use the service. Bashir is currently working with a few public safety departments to test the service.
- Closing. Bahir …
Solving The Last Meter Drone Delivery Challenge: Bashir Khan, ScorpioX Technologies Drone Radio Show