Have you ever wondered how new products for drones are developed?
On this edition of the Drone Radio Show, we get a glimpse into that process by hearing from two LowePro Company product designers that recently developed a new line of drone carrying bags. Luis Quehl and Ian Hughes are recreational drone pilots and product designers at LowePro. What started as a hobby quickly turned into the quest to produce the newest line of travel bags. In this episode, they talk about the design process, how their interest in drones resulted in new product that others can use, and the unique features in the bags that drone users should appreciate.
In This Episode
- LowePro’s Entry Into The Drone Market. Luis and Ian explain that LowePro’s entry into the drone market occurred in response to their own personal drone flying and the need to create a bag to transport their gear.
- Product Features. Luis and Ian discuss the features of the LowePro bags, which were designed based on the needs of drone pilots. In addition to their own needs, the duo solicited input from San Francisco Bay drone pilots. A big feature in the bags is their ability to be modified by the user to fit their needs.
- The bags will protect and carry a FPV quadcopter and all essential flight gear comfortably and easily. The detailed features include:
- Purpose-built backpack for quad racing drones
- Provides storage and protection for fragile race gear like transmitters, FPV goggles/LCD screen, batteries, tools and personal items
- Customizable interior offers a secure fit and optimized workflow with the use of a padded adjustable divider system delivering unparalleled organization without sacrificing space
- Exterior mounting for quads with props attached
- Be comfortable for long treks and all-day comfort with contoured shoulder straps, sternum strap and plush mesh back panel
- Deploy the built-in All Weather AW Cover™ to protect pack and exterior mounted quad from rain, snow, dust and sand. When not needed, tuck it back into the zippered pocket at the bottom of the pack
- Keep on flying with a ridiculous amount of storage for additional batteries
- LowePro (www.lowepro.com)