Ken Christensen is Co-Founder of Foresight AI and VP of Flight Operations. Foresight AI is a Robotic AI company using sUAS to provide accurate HD 3D Point Clouds for autonomous robots. Ken has over 30 years of experience in the aviation field both in the government and private sector. Ken has served in the Air Force, NASA, California Air National Guard and the Department of Homeland Security and has extensive aviation and aerospace experience. He is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for UAS Drone Detection/Counter Drone technology, space based solutions and aviation airborne sensor solutions. He served in Air Force Special Operations and Air Combat Command and is a veteran of three wars, completing 117 combat and combat support missions. In addition, he remains an active commercial pilot as well as a commercial sUAS Pilot.
In this edition of the Drone Radio Show, Ken talks about how drone operators can be effective stewards and Ambassadors of the Drone industry. He also shares his 10 ways to become better steward and grow the industry.
- First impressions matter. How you interface with the public and agencies will be remembered.
- Being an effective ambassador means taking the time to share the techonology with curious onlookers, answer questions and ask questions of them
- We must set the example by being professional, following the rules and being confident but not arrogant
- What should you do if you’re confronted by a disruptive person while actively flying a mission?
- Find out in this podcast. Sometimes you will be approached by the police, Acknowledge, Be Professionalism, Inform Them of Your Mission and Comply.
- Positive airmanship, operations safety and behavior will pave the way for how the FAA proceeds in this new regulatory environment
- Help and teach others to fly safe, share your story and enjoy this new and exciting journey