This Week On The Drone Radio Show
Show Notes – What We Tweeted
- Marlo Anderson of The Tech Ranch talks about drones in the Great Plains, Autonomous Friendly Corridor, Drone Focus and much more.
- The Tech Ranch is a weekly radio show about technology for every day use.
- While drone use is rising across the country, drone activity may be relatively light in rural areas.
- One has to go to Fargo, 200 miles to the east to begin seeing signs of a growing and vibrant drone industry.
- It is not uncommon to see futuristic drones flying overhead.
- In Fargo, One Million Cups provides an opportunity for entrepreneurs to tap into the collective power of the local community.
- The story of Botlink illustrates the power of a good One Million Cups meeting.
- Is Highway 83 ripe for an Autonomous Friendly Corridor? Marlo Anderson thinks it is.
- For the past two years, Emerging Prairie in Fargo has hosted Drone Focus, a 2-day conference for drone companies and policy makers.
- Marlo Anderson of The Tech Ranch shares his perceptions of Drone Focus and the benefits derived to those who attend.
- Wonder where all those national day celebrations come from? Give credit to Marlo Anderson and his company National Day Calendar.
- National Day Calendar receives more than 18,000 requests for days to be designated, from which, they select about 30 days annually to add to the calendar.
- Entrepreneurs need to be persistent and committed to their vision and stick with it through the ups and downs of starting a business.
- Rather than Amazon managing over 1 million deliver drones, what if we all owned our own drone to pick up our stuff when we needed it?
Join The Drone Radio Show Team!
My podcast is completely free, but there are extensive production costs, so if you find value in these episodes, please consider donating a dollar (or more) per month via Patreon. Your donations help keep this podcast advertisement-free (because ads don’t fly drones!). Here’s a shout-out to my March supporters!
- Wendell Adkins, Dayton OH
- Colin Snow, San Francisco, CA
- Tim Trott, Dothan AL
- Derek Waleko, Los Angeles CA
- Peter Mauro, Los Angeles CA
- Michael Monnick, Melborne, Australia
- Todd Wahl, Atlanta, GA
- Chris Korody, Taos NM
- Ian Smith, San Franscisco, CA
- Greg Tehven, Fargo ND