How long does it take to get our new generation drones professionally repaired?
Paul Corry is Senior Vice President for Business Development for Unmanned SAS. Unmanned SAS was formed by a group of combat proven UAS operators and experienced business owners. The company has a 120,000 square foot facility capable of quickly repairing drones from most major manufacturers. In many cases, in less than 36 hours. In addition to repairing drones, USAS provides commercial & government UAS operational and regulatory consulting services. In this edition, Paul talks about Unmanned SAS, why the next generation drones require specialized repair services and how the company’s facility in Tampa, Florida is uniquely positioned to meet this need.
In This Episode
- [ ] Introduction. Paul Corry is Senior Vice President for Business Development for Unmanned SAS.
- [ ] About Unmanned SAS. Unmanned SAS was formed by a group of combat proven UAS operators and experienced business owners to provide national manufacturing grade repair center services, commercial & government UAS operational services, and expert UAS regulatory consulting. Their customers include drone consumer users, federal and local government agencies, large and small corporations, and UAS operators.
- [ ] Drone Repair Services. Unmanned SAS has a 120,000 square foot facility in Tampa, FL capable of quickly repairing drones from most major manufacturers. In many cases, drone repairs can be made within 36 hours.
- ] ] The Repair Facility. The drone repair facility has a long and established history in electronics repair. It was affiliated with Jabil Circuits, one of the world’s largest electronics manufacturer. The employees are highly experienced in repairing sophisticated electronic systems. With these attributes, the facility is well positioned to service the next generation of drones, which will include sophisticated sensors that need to be calibrated.
- [ ] Professional Services. In addition to repair services, Unmanned SAS also provides commercial UAS operational services, government UAS operational services, UAS Program Design and expert UAS regulatory consulting. Paul discusses each of these services.
- [ ] Customer Needs. Paul talks about some of the main questions that many clients have today where Unmanned SAS can help, including the regulatory requirements and how companies can ensure compliance; selecting the best UAV airframe for the business, getting the data in the form that it can be analyzed and make it viable and the need for repair services.
- [ ] Closing. Paul hopes that clients of Unmanned SAS walk away with a good program in place with a program that works well for them and are deriving the benefits from the technology to reduce costs and/or provide benefits to their customers.
- Unmanned SAS (www.unmannedsas.com)