Where can you go to learn about precision data systems?
Lisa Murray is Director of the Commercial UAV Expo and Jeremiah Karpowicz is Executive Editor. On this edition of the Drone Radio Show, Lisa and Jeremiah talk about the Expo, the benefits of attending, and they’ll share some insights into the role of UAVs in the precision measurement field.
On October 31, more than 2,000 precision data professional will converge in Las Vegas for the Commercial UAV Expo. Precision data measurement and services represents one of the greatest opportunities for UAS growth. At this conference, experts will share the latest developments and opportunities for commercial UAS technology in such drone markets as Surveying & Mapping; Civil Infrastructure; Power & Utilities; Precision Agriculture; Law Enforcement, Emergency Response and others. Even if you decide not to attend the Expo, you’re going to enjoy learning about this sector of the drone industry.
In This Episode
- [01:58] Introduction to Lisa Murray and Jeremiah Karpowicz. Lisa and Jeremiah are with the Commercial UAV Expo, which is one of the trade shows sponsored by Diversified Communications, Inc.
- [05:19] The Commercial UAV Expo. Lisa explains that the Commercial UAV Expo is different than other shows, in that it has a dedicated focus towards the precision measurement segment of the drone industry. More than 50,000 professionals are part of this field in the major industrial sectors.
- [08:10] Show Content. Lisa and Jeremiah discuss this year’s show and content that will focus on how commerical entities are using precision measurement systems to achieve their goals and objectives.
- [11:35] Big Data Challenges. Lisa and Jeremiah discuss on of the major issues facing service providers, that of compiling and managing big data. The conference includes several speakers who will discuss difference experiences and approaches.
- [13:50] Key Speakers. This year’s event will feature keynotes by Mark Bathrick, U.S. Dept of Interior; Dr. Robbie Hood, NOAA; Johathan Downey, Airwave; Bob Young, PrecisionHawk; Anil Nanduri, Intel and Chris Anderson, 3D Robotics. There will also be several smaller panels by leading drone industry experts.
- [18:13] Exhibit Hall. Like many expos, the Commercial UAV Expo has an exhibit hall. What differentiates the Commercial UAV Expo exhibit hall from others is that all of the exhibits are considered to be best of breed, serving the higher end of the commercial market. New product annoucements are expected at the show.
- [19:39] Commercial UAV Expo Advisory Board. An Advisory Board made up of industry professionals oversees the development of the agenda and program. Members of the Board are actively engaged in selecting topics, speakers and program content. This ensures the program is a current and responsive to industry needs and desires as possible.
- [24:12] Key Issues. Jeremiah and Lisa discuss some of the key issues facing the precision measurement industry, including management big data, not all commercial sectors are the same, adoption rates of the technology and customization of systems and data to meet users’ needs.
- [28:07] Expo Logistics. The 2016 Commercial UAV Expo will be held on October 31 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Registration details can be found at the Expo’s website at www.expouav.com
- [29:06] Goals of the Expo. Attendees should be able to meet people and find examples of using precision measurement systems that will add value to their operations.
- [30:29] Future of the Expo. The Commercial UAV Expo is off to great start. The show is much larger than last year, with more than 2,000 attendees expected. The Expo will continue to provide the forum and focus to support major commercial drone operations.
- [32:39] Final Comments. Lisa and Jeremiah share their final thoughts on the 2016 Commercial UAV Expo and why attendees should consider attending this event.
- [33:54] Closing
- Commercial UAV Expo (www.expouav.com)