Sometime in the past two years, you’ve probably tuned into That Drone Show, a drone lifestyle community featured on YouTube and other social media channels. There you’ve watched high definition drone videos, learned about new products and met some new friends to share your interest in drones. David and Sarah Oneal, creators of That Drone Show, have nurtured one of the most successful drone communities on and off the web.
In addition to the Show, they created International Drone Day and David is about release a documentary on the drone industry. Building upon this success, the couple has turned their attention to new business called, International Drone Marketing, focused on marketing and advertising services for drone based companies.
In this edition of the Drone Radio Show, David talks about International Drone Marketing, how it evolved out of That Drone Show, the services available to drone companies and the role that customers and community play in building a successful brand.
In This Episode
- [01:45] Origin of International Drone Marketing. David Oneal talks about That Drone Show, International Drone Day, their social media efforts and the origins of International Drone Marketing.
- [06:23] Type of Services Offered. David discusses some of the video, social media and marketing services that International Drone Marketing provides to drone based companies.
- [07:00] Approach. David outlines the approach they take when tailoring a marketing program for clients.
- [07:38] Key Factors For a Successful Marketing Campaign. David discusses the importance of on-line brand reputation and customer engagement supporting a company’s marketing and promotion efforts.
- [08:10] How International Drone Marketing Can Help. David runs through some of the ways in which IDM can help improve a company’s brand reputation and strengthen online interaction.
- [09:15] IDM and That Drone Show. David describes how International Drone Marketing evolved out of That Drone Show.
- [10:46] Client Relations. David goes into a little more depth on how they work with clients to develop best approach for them.
- [16:08] Type of Clients. David discusses the varied type of clients that have benefitted from using IDM for marketing services.
- [18:15] Starting a New Business. David describes some of the challenges and opportunities of starting International Drone Marketing.
- [18:58] Lessons From That Drone Show. David explains how the lessons learned from That Drone Show have influenced and shaped how they approach International Drone Marketing.
- [22:22] The Creative Process. David and Sarah have been very successful in coming up with blockbuster ideas. David discusses the creative process that he and his wife use in developing these ideas.
- [23:16] IDM’s Value. David hopes that through the services provided by IDM, the community knows who their clients are and that they provide valued added services.
- [23:40] Close