This Week On The Drone Radio Show
Show Notes – What We Tweeted
- Michael Monnik, internet security consultant, talks about the anti-drone sector.
- He specialized in internet security, then turned his skills to drone security and deterrence, creating DroneSec
- The idea for DroneSec came after he saw a friend hack into a drone and take control.
- The most search phrase by people visiting his site had to do with how large a budget should be set for anti-drone measures.
- Drone threats include risks to military fighting overseas, invasion of privacy and malicious use.
- Good news is that several companies are responding to drone threats with a range of mitigation options.
- Does this mean that the anti-drone sector is poised for a major surge of growth?
- From internet security to drone security, Mike Monnik’s story is about pivoting to meet new opportunities in the drone industry..
- DroneSec started as an online repository of anti-drone information that found a strong following. He didn’t set out to start a new business. The business found him.
- Mike created a new podcast on anti-drone initiatives, based on his research and interactions with others in the industry.
- After listening to the podcast interview, you’ll want to download the new DroneSec Podcast for ongoing anti-drone news and ideas.
- There are challenges in integrating drone security systems within the current regulations.
- Companies want to know the total cost of a drone deterrence program.
- Modified drones that cannot be easily recognized by existing systems, pose special challenges.
- You want to select the proper drone deterrence option for the specific situation and risk.
- Drone deterrence is so new, most are still trying to figure what questions to ask.
- The drone security sector is creating demands for jobs that currently do not exist.
Join The Drone Radio Show Team!
My podcast is completely free, but there are extensive production costs, so if you find value in these episodes, please consider donating a dollar (or more) per month via Patreon. Your donations help keep this podcast advertisement-free (because ads don’t fly drones!). Here’s a shout-out to my March supporters!
- Cherie Robinson, Tampa FL
- Matt Costa, Tampa FL
- Ron Laker, Tampa FL
- Will Lazenby, Tampa FL
- Mary Scheffer, Gregory MI
- Christopher Korody, Taos, NM
- Jackie Fugate, Denver CO
- James Marraccini, Washington DC
- Chris Krimitsos, Tampa FL
- Tom Hastings, Tampa FL
- Tracey Serebin, Tampa FL
- Barbara Lynch, Tampa FL
- Christina Owen, Minneapolis MN
- Anthony Beverina, Washington DC