This Week On The Drone Radio Show
Show Notes – What We Tweeted
- Brigham A. McCown talks about the Alliance for Innovation and Infrastructure and how drones fit into the national infrastructure discussion.
- AII was created to advance the needs of infrastructure, which wasn’t being addressed by the government.
- AII produces information and educational materials geared to Washington, D.C. policy makers, government agencies and administrators.
- AII draws attention to the country’s infrastructure needs and policy changes.
- Drones are a new technology that could transform our society.
- AII works advance the safe use and operation of drones.
- AII is working with governmental agencies to make changes in Federal regulations to support drone use.
- Federal officials support drones, have concerns with ensuring the safe operation of drones.
- Regulations were not designed with drones in mind and making changes at the Federal level takes a lot of time and energy.
- Demonstration projects and test sites are one way to help fast track changes at the Federal level.
- There has been progress in the recognizing the needs for infrastructure investments and new transportation systems, but there is much that remains in these areas.
- As we know, one of the big areas of opportunity for drones is in infrastructure inspections.
- Need to focus on how best to de-conflict airspace, particularly where there is a large number of drone operating.
- As drone usage grows, the potential for conflicts or mishaps increases. Mitigating those risks should be a focus today.
- Ideally, regulations should be consistent, but if the Fed government moves too slow, States & Local governments tend to move forward because they can’t wait any longer.
- We can improve our lives on a daily basis through innovation, technology and improvements in our infrastructure.
Join The Drone Radio Show Team!
My podcast is completely free, but there are extensive production costs, so if you find value in these episodes, please consider donating a dollar (or more) per month via Patreon. Your donations help keep this podcast advertisement-free (because ads don’t fly drones!). Here’s a shout-out to my March supporters!
- Cherie Robinson, Tampa FL
- Matt Costa, Tampa FL
- Ron Laker, Tampa FL
- Will Lazenby, Tampa FL
- Mary Scheffer, Gregory MI
- Christopher Korody, Taos, NM
- Jackie Fugate, Denver CO
- James Marraccini, Washington DC
- Chris Krimitsos, Tampa FL
- Tom Hastings, Tampa FL
- Tracey Serebin, Tampa FL
- Barbara Lynch, Tampa FL
- Christina Owen, Minneapolis MN
- Anthony Beverina, Washington DC