What does 2017 hold for the sport of drone racing?
Bron Heussenstamm is a former professional surfer and President of the Beaar Company, a Los Angeles public relations firm that creates long-term strategies that maximize the positive awareness and beneficial relationships for their clients. Bron has more than 20 years in the public relations and branding industry. In this episode, Bron talks about the interest in drone racing, the rise of public relations in sector, 2016 as the landmark year in drone sports and the exciting future of drone sports entertainment.
In This Episode
- [01:29] Introduction. Bron Heussenstamm is CEO of Beaar Company, a public relations firm in Los Angeles, California. Bron has more than 20 years in the public relations field. In 2016, Bron took on his first client in the drone industry, supporting DR1 Motor Sports.
- [06:10] Drone Racing vs. Other Sports. Bron sees similarities between the growth of drone racing with e-sports, surfing and other sports.
- [08:21] 2016 Landmark Year for Drone Racing. The World Drone Prix, Drone Nationals, Drone Worlds, ESPN’s and Eurosport’s airing of drone racing, the Air Hogs Commercial and the explosion of local drone racing clubs throughout the world made 2016 a landmark year for drone racing.
- [10:57] Air Hogs Drone Commercial. In 2016, Air Hogs produced the first commercial featuring drone racing. The advent of drone racing in a video commercial shows the strength that the sport is gaining in the market place.
- [13:37] Key Moment in Drone Racing. Bron sees the media coverage of drone racing in 2016 as being the most sigificant development for the sport. Media coverage drives viewers, which in turn attracts sponsors.
- [15:01] 2017 Outlook. As big as 2016 was for drone racing, Bron sees 2017 as a year that will propel the sport significantly forward. In particular, Bron expects to see an increase in drone racing content in various formats that will fuel a rising interest in the sport.
- [18:19] Bron’s Public Relations Work. Bron talks more about his 20+ years in public relations and what it’s like to be shaping the stories of drone racing and its growth. A large part of the work is finding a balance in satisfying the desires of sponsors, fans and drone pilots.
- [22:12] Big Stories for 2017. Bron sees the expansion of drone racing through Eurosports, which will expand the sport’s popularity and exposure. He’s sees an opening and opportunity for the sport to make a mark in pop culture. It may be the year that celebrities join in on the fun and challenge of drone racing.
- [24:59] Market Potential. Bron shares his thoughts on the size of the world market for drone racing.
- Beaar Company (www.beaarco.com)
Air Hogs TV Commercial