To help us answer that question, we turn to Ida Joiner, an author librarian, and doctoral student. Ida currently serves as the Senior Librarian at the Universal Academy school in Irving, Texas. Her first book, “Emerging Library Technologies: It’s Not Just for Geeks” focuses on Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Drones, Driverless Vehicles and many other innovations. Ida has published several articles on drones and how obtain stakeholder buy-in for implementing technologies. In addition to her writing, Ida is an active member of the American Library Association, the Library & Information Technology Association Division and the International Relations Roundtable. In this edition of the Drone Radio Show, Ida talks about how drones are being integrated into libraries across the nation and the future of drones in the library system.
- Emerging Library Technologies: It’s Not Just for Geeks! book (August 2018, Elsevier/Chandos Publisher).
- Getting to Yes: Stakeholder Buy-In for Implementing Emerging Technologies in Your Library. LITA. ITAL. Vol 37, No. 3 (2018)
- Drones: Agriculture’s New Best Friend. Elsevier SciTechConnect. May 23, 2018.
- How to Get Stakeholder Buy-In for Implementing Emerging Technologies in Your Academic Library. Elsevier Library Connect. May 23, 2018
- Featured in TechSoup for Libraries article: Top Tech Trends Panel from the 2018 ALA Midwinter Conference, April 2018.
- Public Libraries: The Great Tech Equalizer. Princh Blog. March 2018.
- Is There a Drone in Your Library’s Future? Public Libraries Quarterly. December 2017.
- Let Technology Be Your Guide. The MAReport Newsletter. Winter 2016.
- iPad 2.0: Information Professionals Don’t Leave Home Without It. IFLA Trends & Issues in Library Technology (TILT).July 2012.